Discuss Potterton Combi 80 Central Heating Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

ttj

Have a Potterton Combi 80. When the remote stat call for heat the boiler is operating in short burst say comes on for 30 secs goes off comes on again a minute later stays on for 30 secs goes off and so on. Works fine for hot water, pump runs ok
but because the boiler cut off very quick the flow pipes do not get hot enough even the ones inside the boiler can keep hands on them under central heating demand. The rads do get warm eventually.

Can anyone suggest whats wrong is it a sensor, and how I could check to prove that the item is broken or not working as it should.

Help needed.

more than likely the room stat is faulty does not sound like boiler as working ok to dhw

The remote stat is a new drayton wireless unit, seems to indicate and call for heat ok and idicates flame on the stat as it should
and the green indicator on the receiver indicates that heating is on. But the boiler still works in short burst as described could it be anything else. Can check if stat is faulty by removing it and replacing with wire link.

Its an old boiler just Potterton Combi 80 been told its a rebadged puma if that helps.

wax cartridge probably stuck,not opening for heating,leave running over night ,may free off,if not have to replace

carefully with mains disconnected loop together wires 3 =4 in the receiver (going from memory that should loop it out do not loop live and neutral together IT WILL EXPLODE

carefully with mains disconnected loop together wires 3 =4 in the receiver (going from memory that should loop it out do not loop live and neutral together IT WILL EXPLODE

or as puddle says could be cartridge i hate pumas they are sheds sadly

Thanks for the help Guys, have recently replaced the diverter valve, so unless faulty part should be ok. Wished
had chucked the boiler in the bin its a right pile of unrealiable junk. When it works its fine but just too unreliable.

Could it be anything else.

Do you have any dripping taps,if so will not change over to heating,if so,turn cold mains off to boiler and see if heating works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Combi 80 Central Heating Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
My first thought when I heard this fault a combi boiler with hot water but no heating. Was a problem with the stat, controls not making the call...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the...
Replies
Views
Hello, recently our boiler stopped working properly, causing a lack of heat in our 14-radiator splitter in 3 storeys. having only one boiler at...
Replies
Views
Our house was built in 2007 and we are the second family to live here - moving in in 2017. The central heating has been working fine - although...
Replies
Views
Back