Discuss Potterton Netaheat profile 30e GC41 605 39 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ed209

Fan stop start, when you release cover a little fan run constantly but not enough pressure to activate APS

Swooped out APS, tried two, still the same

Baxi think it may be the GV but if I unplug it still does the same, it is more likely the PCB but the resistance levels are not right on the GV so don't want to put new PCB in case GV knocks out new PCB as well

Any advise please

Ps i think its a white/Rodgers GV (Baxi not to sure themselves)

Remove the board turn it over and check the joints if something looks loose turn it over and see it the component wobbles then just get a soldering iron and re do the joint it's usually the fan connector just In front of the plastic housing on the PCB as you look at it in situ. Once flipped over again it's usually the pin on the right of the plug.

Thanks cant understand why the fan runs with the cover off but pulses with it on could the dry joints on PCB cause that

Fan osolating on/off is usually the pcb on these boilers.

That's normally always the pcb on primas and they are virtually the same boiler.

Have you checked that the flue and heat exchanger are not partly blocked restricting air flow

Had 1 of these earlier in the week. PCB was supplying full voltage on and off like a switch as you said fan would run a little but not enough to close the APS. Get your test leads on live and neutral to fan. I bet that's what's happening

How did you fix new PCB? Or look for loose solder joint
I was going to look at /change the PCB
But Pott Thechnical said resistance readings on GV not right so wasn't sure what to do. As I dint want to fit new PCB in case GV knocked that out like the do on Kiingfisher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Netaheat profile 30e GC41 605 39 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock