Discuss Poulty water drinker ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

on31ll

Got a call today from a regular customer who keep chickend and they want me to install a water drinker for there chickens and i know they will also want it for there pigs so trying to be prepared what should i remeber ? Other than check valves ? I havent seen the stuff they have bought yet so just thinking whatI need to buy at the merchants in the morning ? Thanks

If it's not a drinker with a built in air gap and shield to prevent the animals contacting the inlet you'll need to fit a break tank. Animal drinkers are fluid category 5.

Check valves are not needed as you can't use them for anything above category 3.

Yes i have ! Im just thinking back to it and with it being the first time using products for animals i want to do it right ! From what they have made out they where pre manufactured products just need plumbed in ! Suppose check valves wont hurt ?

Check valves are not needed, an air gap is needed along with a shield. Look back at the notes for the water regs course, animal drinkers are specifically mentioned.

if you cant find your notes look on wras web site it gives all the info you will need

A pig farm I once installed drinking troughs in, had a ball valve, air gap and shield in each individual trough. They were also fed from a storage cistern or tank. I asked the farmer why and he said "Its easier to dose all the pigs by adding medicines or whatever to the tank water, than having to dose each individual pig" I suppose on reflection he meant things like water soluble supplements. Must admit I do not really know.

Good examples in the book.

I'd tell you the page number but my books in the van and I'm on the pan.

With pigs, when one goes for a drink, the others see and tend to follow so they all drink at the same time. This is why you need a large cistern so it has enough capacity to keep all the troughs full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Poulty water drinker ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a stopcock in my closet at my flat, but despite me turning it clockwise all the way, this doesn't seem to be stopping the flow of...
Replies
Views
R
I just had installed a Navien NPE-2 with built in recirculator pump. I have a dedicated return line. The check valve for the recirc is built into...
Replies
Views
Rogelio
R
Hi there I fitted a Sanicompact 43 about10 years ago. A few years ago i noticed that it would intermittently activate in the middle of the...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the...
Replies
Views
Johnno1966
J
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock