Discuss Power flush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote edited, original was insulting forum members.

So what do you do for a living fella. There's more to power flushing than meets the eye, a skill even a trade if you like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Opening March 2013,

Powerflush training centre, Full training, powerflush machine free on "succesful" completion, no previous experience needed, Earn £100,000 a year, charge customers £800 a day.

Only £5,000, one day course held at st albans, hertfordshire

Are you in St.Albans Jase?

no thats where kamco are!!! they do free training with the machine!! so buy the machine, send them on free course and make £3600 profit for making a few calls, anyone want to come on my course?

cash of course, shhuuuuush..... dont tell the tax man :)

OOOh I'm so sorry but that was the wrong answer, you just lost the top prize, as a commiseration prize you win a business card with my details on it!!

OOOh I'm so sorry but that was the wrong answer, you just lost the top prize, as a commiseration prize you win a business card with my details on it!!

is that the same card of yours i found in the phone box?? :prrr:

all i want is £100 for my boob enlargement.

Last edited:
Opening March 2013,

Powerflush training centre, Full training, powerflush machine free on "succesful" completion, no previous experience needed, Earn £100,000 a year, charge customers £800 a day.

Only £5,000, one day course held at st albans, hertfordshire

Book me in jase, work has been a bit thin lately but i think i might just be able to survive the recession on £800 a day.......ill have to make some adjustments to my likestyle though, but 5 grand is a bargain..........

Seems to me that the crucial issue on this thread was that the OP thought a powerflush would only take a couple of hours.

Powerflushing may not be rocket science, but it does need to be done methodically and thoroughly, which takes time, and as we all know, time is money. A 3/4 bed house is likely to take the best part of a day, and then there are the over-priced chemicals to pay for (not under the control of the average plumber) being the cleaner and the inhibitor.

The cheapest way is DIY, but then of course that means taking responsibility for anything that goes wrong.

As with most things, getting a few estimates to determine the going rate is a good idea.

Is there anything left to be said about the dark art of powerflushing?

I see Kamco have just brought out a combined combimag/combiheat container.
I only asked them if they could make these two years ago!
The answer then was to buy two combimags and use one of the containers for the heater (expensive).
It will help on dead boiler flushes and enable boilers to be changed and the chemicals heated at the same time :)
I wonder if they will just sell me the container?

Last edited by a moderator:
I see Kamco have just brought out a combined combimag/combiheat container.
I only asked them if they could make these two years ago!
The answer then was to buy two combimags and use one of the containers for the heater (expensive).
It will help on dead boiler flushes and enable boilers to be changed and the chemicals heated at the same time :)
I wonder if they will just sell me the container?

Got a link stoker?m

What's a 'power flush after a new CH boileris installed?' What's involved, how long does it take and what does it do?

TIA
Power flushing is the process of removing rust sludge and other debris from your heating systems. A quintessential part of every home, your radiators do a very important job of keeping of your home warm. Malfunction in your radiator can be catastrophic for everyone. With temperatures reaching below -9.7 degrees in some places, it is not the best position to be in.

A power flush can effectively tackle most of the problems above. After Powerflushing radiators will heat up quicker and get hotter. They will be Quieter and more energy efficient. Overall you get a more reliable system less likely to breakdown with an increased lifespan.

Power flushing is a convenient solution, but this isn’t DIY. Although there are power flush kits and tutorials available online, it’s a complicated task and things can go wrong very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Power flush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had a quote for a new boiler installation. Quote said... Power Flush require and install new boiler, ==== After the boiler was started, it was...
Replies
Views
My Mother-in-law was quoted £1,000 by British Gas to do a power flush on her system as her rads aren't performing well. I was wondering, as 4...
Replies
Views
I get orange spots when washing clothes. Please see photo. I think it is rust. I’ve checked there’s no metal in the machine. I have also run...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a question on flush pressure. When I press the bigger button, there's hardly a flush. I understand that's normal but it's a very...
Replies
Views
We have a 1980's toilet and it normaly works by: 1.When flushed the deposit in the bowl is sucked out 2. the bowl fills up again with clean water...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock