Discuss Power Flushing Techniques in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
To date, I've only done a couple flushes on sealed systems on a single floor.

And to be honest, I was given a pump and told, go power flush this property and I had no idea what to do :/

So on the way to the job I googled it and did it as best I could. In a nutshell, drained a rad, connected the pump via the rad valves, flushed entire system for a while, then one rad at a time (dumping water a couple times throughout). Since then I don't think I did it quite right.

So, I'm asking the veterans to teach me the right way how to flush... I've read different articles but they give varying techniques.

How do you guys do it?

As your in London get up to St Albans (Kamco) do a day with them (Free) on power flushing. they will answer all your questions.

Never go in via rad, doesn't flush the rad you're disconnecting, restricts the flow due to 15mm pipe etc....

As jtd says, def worth doing the Kamco course as you're nearby!! I bet the food's good too! :)

Course is £50+vat its only free if you buy a kamco pump :/ after shelling out £800 for my pump £50 ain't really doable at the mo

If you buy a machine from them...

Ok But its only £50, guy lives in London, cant tell me working London rates that he cant afford it, Thought he was given a pump, now saying he has paid £800, to be honest if I was doing PF in London I would have got that back in a couple of days, Pay the £50, its tax deductible and learn how to do the job correctly

Ok But its only £50, guy lives in London, cant tell me working London rates that he cant afford it, Thought he was given a pump, now saying he has paid £800, to be honest if I was doing PF in London I would have got that back in a couple of days, Pay the £50, its tax deductible and learn how to do the job correctly

I work for a firm so get the same day rate - I'm only just starting to build up some personal clients so jobs where I earn decent money is very thin, plus I have my family to feed. I know what you're saying, £50 isn't a lot in the grand scheme of things and I'll probably book on to the course but like I said, the pump and accessories have skinted me out a bit. I wish I was given a pump lol cheers for the info on the course ;)

I work for a firm so get the same day rate - I'm only just starting to build up some personal clients so jobs where I earn decent money is very thin, plus I have my family to feed. I know what you're saying, £50 isn't a lot in the grand scheme of things and I'll probably book on to the course but like I said, the pump and accessories have skinted me out a bit. I wish I was given a pump lol cheers for the info on the course ;)

Jay What you should have done was get some PF jobs booked in B4 you spent out on a machine, that's the route I went down paid over £1200 for mine, (Kamco) Got it on my account with Plumb Centre at start of month so had 8 weeks to pay for it. A
Little forward planning is all it takes.

Jay What you should have done was get some PF jobs booked in B4 you spent out on a machine, that's the route I went down paid over £1200 for mine, (Kamco) Got it on my account with Plumb Centre at start of month so had 8 weeks to pay for it. A
Little forward planning is all it takes.
I know .. I have issues! Lol if I get an idea in my head its like I'm obsessed and then just have to do it. Its being delivered today actually. Part of me thinks I should just return it and get the kamco in a month or two and get the course for free too

I know .. I have issues! Lol if I get an idea in my head its like I'm obsessed and then just have to do it. Its being delivered today actually. Part of me thinks I should just return it and get the kamco in a month or two and get the course for free too

If you have doubt in your mind return it

And get some PF jobs on the books B4 you pay out only need 2 or 3 to cover cost of machine must be lots in your area , allow a day for each one, pre-treat system if you can, get on course now think they will refund cost when you buy unit,

So I took the unit out to have a look and found this lovely crack in the casing to the wiring!!

This order gas been a shamble from beginning to end. Def going back!!

bc0fe4a941362f4c60bfb1a9d2600512.jpg

damaged in transit :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Power Flushing Techniques in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock