Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Powerflush micro bore in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommy1712

Hi I am new to power flushing. Do i attack a micro bore system the same as a normal 22-15mm system? Is there any tips or tricks that the experienced can give me

I don't do much Powerflushing & tbh I think it is better to do it the hard way & empty the system & remove rads & flush each empty rad outside with a garden hose. Pipes can be easily flushed using mains carefully in one end of a rad valve & other drain hose out the other valve.
Problem is not the microbore but manifolds. They are near impossible to do much with & might be as good just to let each rad valve run into a hose to ensure no blockage.

As above you run a massive risk of blocking manifold ports and or whole sections of pipe.

Some powerflush machines even have do not use on micro bore labelled on them.

I would never do it on micro bore and I very rarely suggest it even on 15/22mm. I agree the old way taking the rads outside and flushing them with the house and picking them up and shaking them cleans systems better. Works a treat every time I do it for customers anyway

I have recently bought a magna cleanse unit, i cant see why it wouldnt work , anybody help me and tommy with any advise , thank you

I've just magnacleansed a micro bore system, the results were excellent.

We powerflush most systems. Not too many microbore, but we use the Magnacleanse which reduces the time. Taking the rads off is best in my opinion.

Last edited:
Townfanjon did you get your free hose bag from adey?

I am embarrassed to tell you i dont know, its in the garage in the box it got delivered in.
Just rammed with work at the moment but i will open it this weekend lol

Might not be as helpful as I have never done a power flush,
But find I get brilliant results by adding cleaner 1/2weeks before
Then flushing the system with mains pressure, never had a problem on micro bore this way
So I can't see you having to much trouble if you where to add cleaner a week or two before flush

I am embarrassed to tell you i dont know, its in the garage in the box it got delivered in.
Just rammed with work at the moment but i will open it this weekend lol
Give adey a quick call & they will send you the £40 bag out for free

Ooh free stuff the best kind. I never got one with mine

If you've just bought a magnacleanse, they asked me to email them a copy of the invoice then sent me a bag out, excellent bag for all the hoses & bits

Might not be as helpful as I have never done a power flush,
But find I get brilliant results by adding cleaner 1/2weeks before
Then flushing the system with mains pressure, never had a problem on micro bore this way
So I can't see you having to much trouble if you where to add cleaner a week or two before flush

The only microbore ive come across i cleaned like this. X800 rad hammer and I left the magnacleanse in place for a couple of days. Seemed ok but the in situ magnetic filter still picked up a fair bit of crud weeks later.

On micro bore it hard to but, once the corrosion and sludge deposits have been loosened and mobilised, fresh clean water is forced through the heating system, pushing the contaminated water out through a full bore dump valve to waste. During the process, radiators are individually flushed, without removing or disconnecting them from the system, by directing the full output of the pump through each radiator separately. That should work, even on micro bore. Power flushing is not that effective at cleaning micro bore if there is huge problems with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Powerflush micro bore in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock