Discuss powerflushing, radiators may still be black! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
when i got my powerflushing machine years ago there was no way of discharging the dirt without having to introduce more chemicals, I have since come to the conclusion that the only way to avoid this is to have the huge magnets that cost around £300 ouch this way everytime dirt comes back to the machine it is caught also it helps to have the boiler running at full belt if possible

Like FDPOWERFLOW said....i practically powerflush for a living and find that i can take massive amounts of sludge out of a system using a combination of my powerflush machine, i run 2 in-line filters(just to make sure), vibraclean,infared thermometer and tds + ph meters.
When flushing a combination system i always cut into the flow and return to isolate boiler from the system and heat the water with what is in effect a immersion heater. Using all this i beleive you get 90% of the magnatite out the system and will always advise customers to have a magnaclean/tf1 fitted as a safe guard to their system.
I however will not entertain powerflushing a system with 8mm piping on as you will not get the velocity of water rushing through the rad to make the flush effective....i always tell my customers they'd be better off upgrading the pipework to get the system running more effectively. 10mm pipe is just about ok as long as there is no kinks in the pipework.
I have spent 45mins on cleaning just one rad at times and had to clean my filters out after doing this!!
everybody has their own preferred methods and there is no right answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to powerflushing, radiators may still be black! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock