Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Powerflushing upstairs radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tan159753

Any tips on how to powerflush radiators that are on the first floor if the pump is located on the ground floor?

Basically, powerflushing round radiators on the same level seems ok but when I try to powerflush radiators on an upstairs level, I get a very low pressure in the radiator that I am flushing, all others being off obviously.

Systems were both closed combi systems and connected via going through pump adapter onto the pump in the boiler

Is there anything I am missing? I am to do a house with rads on 3 levels with the pump looking like its going to be placed on the lowest level. Basically i'm dreading the job.

are you using a power flushing machine if so there could be a blockage in the link between upstairs and down stairs your you pump on the power flush needs some tlc

The powerflushing machine itself has not had much use.. On looking at the flow when doing a dump it seems really good.

Funnily I have only done a few systems that have had an upstairs but on all occasions, the pressure into the rads had been really poor.

I was just wondering if this was the norm. Also wondeing if it would be best to put the pump on the middle floor or on the bottom floor (where the boiler and entry would be)?

Without pointing out the obvious you need to keep venting the rads as when you are dumping and refilling etc you tend to allow air in sometimes which always collects in top rads.

I have a Fernox Mk2 Flusher and it has no probs doing 3 storey houses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Powerflushing upstairs radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock