Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Pre cast flue question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

magicno1

Gas Engineer
I have been asked to do a landlords cert Friday on a gas boiler and a gas fire which I know is installed on a pre cast flue. The house are pre 1970 and I reckon the fire was fitted about 6 years or so ago by a local installer which has now left the trade.
My question is would that flue of that age be legal now on the fire? I assume that if the fire was suitable when it was installed it should be ok or is there a regulation now that says it should not be in?
Many thanks

As long as it’s suitable for a pre cast flue.
And it’s tests ok for spillage and smoke. It should be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pre cast flue question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
E
Hi all, Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find an answer to my questions. I have a back boiler and gas fire which h has...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch around where my boiler flue exits through to outside wall along with a rusty colour around the collar of the...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock