Discuss Press fit purchase, possibly rothenberger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, and thanks for any advice before I start, I'm looking to buy a press fit machine but getting a bit bogged down in detail, I have searched the forum and found a few good posts but nothing specific to what I am looking for.
Questions I would like to know the answers too are:-

1. Can they be used on Gas and/or oil?

2. Do all units work on all fittings? provided they have M jaws? or are there specific ones for mapress and xpress?

3. Any hints or tips on getting better price?

4. which fittings are easier to buy? mapress or xpress?

5. The rothenberger compact one seems to be cheapest, Is this ok for both types of fittings? It seems this is cheapest one:
https://www.jtatkinson.co.uk/rothen...fDvVk5pkdtNN8XCxnzYlWvlpSG8TqjkYaAt40EALw_wcB
But it doesn't specify if it includes jaws, Any body bought this one?

6. How much is the calibration/ service?

Reactions: WC1
1. Yes specific fittings for each
2. M jaws work on mapress, sanha and xpress take a look at Pipework Systems | Pipes | Fitting | Valves | Pipekit and use their live chat. Their people are experts on what works with what.
3. Shop around mate. I got mine second hand but is mint apart from a bit of dust
4. Depends where you are mate, some places stick them all the time. Maybe phone round. I usually have to overnight mine using the people above.
5.cant help you line is novopress
6. Mine was about £110 inc vat and 4 jaws

Hi Jase, I would also be interested to know the above. I am thinking of moving to press fit this year. Never been to a plumbing trade show but I might go to phex? This summer to get my grubby paws on a couple of machines. Can't beat hands on.

I use a combination of press and endfeed now. It is staggering how much it speeds up installs. I was amazed.

Hi Jase, I would also be interested to know the above. I am thinking of moving to press fit this year. Never been to a plumbing trade show but I might go to phex? This summer to get my grubby paws on a couple of machines. Can't beat hands on.
I was just literally thinking this- plumbing show would be perfect place to learn all about them, the worst thing is that I went to a show last year and geberit said they would call me but never did!

Reply to Press fit purchase, possibly rothenberger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I'm looking for advice in the hope that a kind & knowledgeable soul (or two) may be able to assist. I'm looking to replace two basin mixer...
Replies
Views
Hi, and thanks for any advice before I start, I'm looking to buy a press fit machine but getting a bit bogged down in detail. Questions I would...
Replies
Views
Hi I just purchased a Milwaukee M12HPT Hydraulic Press Tool and was looking for some opinions before buying jaws for it - been struggling to...
Replies
Views
I have a problem with an old stopcock (40 years?) fitted on the old alkathene supply pipe. This is in a property owned by an elderly friend and...
Replies
Views
R
Hey all, apologies for the long post: I've had a new Ideal Vogue boiler installed with a T6 wired thermostat so the OpenTherm is activated as...
Replies
Views
richardc1983
R
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock