Search the forum,

Discuss Pressure booster, single or double impeller or two single impeller pumps and where? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diego Canciani

Hi All,

I have been wandering for a while if I can install (actually, not me, but a plumber) a booster pump at the base of the water tank and then install a T pipe downstream so to feed the cold and hot (passing through a hot cylinder) water pipes. Can I install a booster single impeller pump? Would 1.5 bar pump be ok to have a nice shower stream? Thank you!

When replying please keep in mind that I am not sure if a booster pump and a single- (or double-) impeller pomp are the same. A plumber that I asked a quote from told me that I had to install one of these: Positive Head Shower Pumps available at Shower Pumps. Today I checked online for a booster pump and found something cheaper like this: [DLMURL="http://comptools.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=43291"]Booster Pump 800W - Complete Tools and Fixings Ltd, Suppliers of Furniture Fittings and Architectural Ironmongery : Hafele Direct - DIY Essentials[/DLMURL].

To make it a little bit easier to understand the problem I contextualise it.
I live on a 6 floors building and my flat is on the 5th and 6th floor (top floors with flat roof). The kitchen is on the 5th floor and the bathroom is on the 6th floor. Next to the bathroom on the 6th (top) floor there is a cabinet with, on top, a cold water tank fed by the water from the mains, and underneath (at floor level), a hot water cylinder.
From the base of the water tank there are two water pipes that come out. One goes to the cold taps everywhere in the house (except for the cold tap in the kitchen, which should be fed by the mains accordingly to the regulator) and the other goes to the hot cylinder, which is just underneath the water tank, and then around the house.
The water pressure in the house is very poor and, while the water from the taps is just about acceptable, taking showers is impossible. Hence, someone before me installed a power shower, which is fed directly from a pipe that comes from a T junction placed between the water tank and the mains valve. During the day the pressure from the mains is just enough to activate the power shower, but for some reasons (which the water supplier could not explain) between 22.30 and 8.30 the water pressure drops and the power shower does not work anymore. This means that I cannot take showers at night, which is very uncomfortable especially when trying to combine your working life with your social life!!! I talked to the neighbours, who have all installed pumps. I thought that I could do the same, but I want to spend as little as possible and make sure that the plumber does what I want. What I would like to do is to create a sufficient and constant water pressure on the water system of the flat and get rid of the power shower, which consumes loads of energy and is so ugly to see! Any suggestion is welcomed! Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pressure booster, single or double impeller or two single impeller pumps and where? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock