Search the forum,

Discuss Pressure drop not enough to fire dhw combi in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

G

GazzaQ

Currently have 14Mx15mm run from combi to tap dhw. If I replaced the last 6M section with 22mm pipe would this help? Taps closer to boiler have no problems firing the boiler.

No I’m guessing your having problems with an outlet ?

Some Combi‘s have a Venturi which can affect hot water delivery. What actually happens when running hot water for the furthest outlets?
What actually happens is we get no hot water. The pressure from the hot tap seems too low to fire up the boiler. I'm asking will changing to 22mm from 15mm for the last 6M help increase the demand on the boiler?

Do you have a decent cold pressure where the problem area is ?

It’s flow rather than pressure.

Could be partially blocked aerator on tap. Remove and clean if you can. Test with aerator off.

Is it thermostatic? Could be dodgy cartridge allowing cold through when it should be hot. If cold coming through, then boiler doesn’t know to come on.

Disconnect tap connections under tap, run hot feed into a bucket and see if boiler comes on.

Reply to Pressure drop not enough to fire dhw combi in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock