Discuss Pressure releaser valve - how much to replace in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

falkster

Hi - new to the forum and not a heating expert.

I have had a heating engineer arrive at my house and tell me my pressure release valve is faulty and he will order a replacement.

I understand heating engineers aren't a charity and have a living to earn but want to know what rough amount I should expect to pay for such a job?

The boiler is a Main HE30.

Thank you
Chris

Assuming the isolation valves on the boiler work correctly, the job should take about an hour as access to the PRV is pretty good. If the valves pass, the heating circuit will require draining then re-filling which will obviously take a lot longer.

Get a couple more quotes and if they are similar, go with the first bloke.

Last edited:
Get a couple more quotes and if they are similar, go with the first bloke

I was going to ring around but thought I'd ask on here to save the time - thanks anyway.

I suppose your reply means there isnt a rough amount you would expect to pay for a straight forward valve replacement?

We don't usually discuss pricing on the forum as there are lots of different factors. For instance, in London, you would be paying a lot more per hour than you would where I am. A decent engineer should be able to give you an estimate over the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pressure releaser valve - how much to replace in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
I'm in the process of refurbishing my bathroom. I'll be replacing the existing bath with a walk in shower. Will be installing a thermostatic...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock