Discuss Pressure relief pipe - where does it end in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Daljit

Hi

I recently replaced a boiler in my new flat and hooked it up to the existing pressure relief pipe run. However, i can't see where the run ends as it disappears beneath the bathroom floor which is tiled. The only pipes it can connect to are the bath waste and/or toilet waste (i suspect these are linked as i can only see one external connection to the downpipe). I've never seen 15mm/high-pressure pipe connecting to waste.

cheers

Daljit

get a gas safe registered engineer in to check your work, it sounds like you should not be attempting to carry out gas work

it is not allowed to vent onto plastic pipe
think 100c hot water expelled at 3+bar 42psi pressure into plastic
it need to run to exterior wall and terminate as low as poss and face back toward wall

it is not allowed to vent onto plastic pipe
think 100c hot water expelled at 3+bar 42psi pressure into plastic
it need to run to exterior wall and terminate as low as poss and face back toward wall

...............well away from any doorways or places where people could get sprayed with scalding water.

Look at it this way - it must terminate is a sighted position. So if you cannot see the end of the pipe it does not comply.

Unless, of course, there is a tundish. You must have a means of visually identifying that a PRV is discharging. We annoyingly had to correct the OFTEC inspector on this one. He told us to terminate the discharge from an oil combi below a drain.

.......and all these high level discharges..... read the regs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for these responses.

I'm pretty sure that the PR pipe is connected to the waste - i can't see anything on the external wall of the flat. There is a possibility it connects to the toilet waste which would be 110mm plastic, however the only way i'll know for sure is i guess by ripping up the tiled floor - which i'm not planning to do.

I think i'll leave things as they are for the time being...

cheers

Daljit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pressure relief pipe - where does it end in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back