Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Pressure relief valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hallo just after some advice and your thoughts on this one. Yesterday went to service a condensing combi and i have to say it was a very good installation in a flat above a shop . However they have run the prv pipe into the internal vent stack just above the condensate pipe is this a no no or is it ok .It would be a nightmare to change and run external with the shop front windows and doors etc .What do you think ?

its not allowed, ive seen a few discharge into 1.5" waste under kitchen sinks

Thanks Bod although i personally would think it would be safer to discharge the boiler contents internally rather than outside and after all you would be looking at the pressure gauge to tell you its discharged

Thanks Bod although i personally would think it would be safer to discharge the boiler contents internally rather than outside and after all you would be looking at the pressure gauge to tell you its discharged

If you can't change it put a tundish in

What I'm saying is if you can't change it put a tundish in so
It's visible but it's still not right

Well i worked on a site where about 150 prv's were terminated internal into a hepvo dry trap, building control passed it and gas safe inspected a few of us on that job and they never mentioned it ,and on recently enquiring about enquiring about a prv discharge to gas safe they refered it to more building control than a gas safe issue.

Whilst on this subject i have a prv to discharge where if i go out through wall it will terminate over =the neighbours slate roof , turning it back will be issue as will have to erect ladder in neighbours garden then get roof ladder to get up on the neighbours roof .What does anyone think about just letting it blow out onto roof and letting it run down tiles into gutter??

id ask permission from neighbour and double it back , i wouldnt let it go straight out. IMO

This is the trouble with these regulations. Those who set them in concrete:

a) Never have the brains to work out what to do when circumstances dictate otherwise
b) Pass the buck as soon as there's a tricky installation
c) Pass the buck on to the lowest common denominator (the poor old plumber who's doing the work on the lowest wage of the whole building scheme)

Well i worked on a site where about 150 prv's were terminated internal into a hepvo dry trap, building control passed it and gas safe inspected a few of us on that job and they never mentioned it ,and on recently enquiring about enquiring about a prv discharge to gas safe they refered it to more building control than a gas safe issue.

Whilst on this subject i have a prv to discharge where if i go out through wall it will terminate over =the neighbours slate roof , turning it back will be issue as will have to erect ladder in neighbours garden then get roof ladder to get up on the neighbours roof .What does anyone think about just letting it blow out onto roof and letting it run down tiles into gutter??

If you have no other way to do it I would drill a bigger hole and solder on a small street 90'and push through so if it blows off it will
Be pointing down at least

could fit one of these Central Heating Sealed System Equipment

Unless the manufacturer specifically states otherwise, the discharge pipe must be metallic and terminate in a visible, safe, position. Simple as that. If this must be out of site such as onto a roof then that cannot be helped. You will have done everything to reasonably comply with the regs/standards.

Never saw one of those before looks like could do the job but might to a bit restrictive and not let it out quick enough
Quite a few of these fitted around the place now. Would not say they are restrictive the holes that channel the discharge onto the cowel are big enough. It does the job and does look a bit neater.

Quite a few of these fitted around the place now. Would not say they are restrictive the holes that channel the discharge onto the cowel are big enough. It does the job and does look a bit neater.[/QUOTE]
Good to know thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pressure relief valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock