Discuss price check in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

h/w storage tank in bathroom cupboard, galvanised and is leaking. old 28mm gravity feed to back of 1960's cylinder no access to joints, lead pipe feeds.

eventually found a tank to fit at £45+vat and £35 comp fittings + valve, pipe o/flo etc.
plan was to cut pipes free of cylinder so as to not disturb conections and re-make.
i estimate between 3 and 4 hours from collecting materials and fettling out old tank and installing new.

i quoted £257 all in expecting a ballache. was told by the old boy too feckin much no thank you and hung up?

too much????:confused5:lol

Too much , Jesus he would nt have even got a quote of me, job like that ' hourly rate ' and an estimate

Your best off away from tools like that anyway, i had a customer few days ago ask how much to fit a towel rail, do u have the towel rail i asked , yes she replied, i said do u have valves no she said , ok il supply valves , do you have a floor down in your bathroom , yes she said its tiled and i dont want them touched im happy with you just puuting bends in above the floor, ok i said including the valves youl be £45 for labour and a set of valves, she said oh thats quite dear,--- my jaw hut the deck,, wowser

Without looking at the job I would be allowing a full day for it, nothing worse then hitting a snag at the end of the day!

Minimum charge to fit a towel rail would be £84 plus vat labour plus valves. That's if it's easy and on a sealed system. £45 is way cheap. It always amazes me when people say you are to expensive on prices like that and I wonder are people actually doing it CHEAPER!! There not the type of customers you want any way if that are moaning at those prices.

Good job you over priced it Martin or you could have been landed with a very awkward job ....lol regards Turnpin:punk:

Maybe if you'd thrown in a free BJ the bloke would have given you the job.
Worked for me a few times...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to price check in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I'm currently estimating on installing a new shower pump to feed an existing bath/shower diverter. Hot side: fit flange and spherical valve...
Replies
Views
Hi, Vented system, F&E Tank etc. Cylinder about 10-12 years old. Just running some x800 through to try & improve radiator heat. (another story)...
Replies
Views
Bignose
B
Hello. We recently had a combi boiler installed to swap out old plumbing sustem with water tank and gas cylinder. You can see end results in the...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have just viewed a property that needs upgrading (very clean but dated/old lady passed 😢) and it was listed as 'gas central heating' and...
Replies
Views
This maybe isn't so much about asking for advice as giving it 🤔 I had a leaking HW cylinder (23 years old) that I got fed up patching up with...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock