Discuss Price to change a pressure valve on a boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys

My girlfriend just got a text from a workmate of hers saying would I be able to change a pressure valve on their heating system. I assume she means PRV. I also know they might not know what they are talking about and it might not be a PRV that needs changing.

It's a 10 mile drive to where they live and I have said I will go and have a look on Friday night when I finish to see what needs doing and order any parts to do the job early next week. (I'm away for the weekend).

Assuming it is the PRV what would you charge? I know it's a friend of my girlfriends but that doesn't mean a discount will be given. Will charge a price fair to them and me.

Obviously information is limited but just looking for suggestions based on the info provided.

Cheers

Get on the phone to em yourself and find out what its on!!

part cost + hourly rate + your profit

if its the boiler pressure relief is firing/stuck open the expansion vessel is likely to be kaput

Cheers. It doesn't matter what make the appliance is for me right now as it might not be a 'pressure valve' anyway. Been sent to repair a leaking pump once and it was the trv. I can find out what make it is when I have a look.

part cost + hourly rate + your profit - That will do cheers Killy.

Just been told it's oil so that rules me out.

You qualled up for Oil Killy?? You are probably closer than me.

Just been told it's oil so that rules me out.

You qualled up for Oil Killy?? You are probably closer than me.

Not on my own oftec but unlike gas safe you don't even need it.

If its the prv on the boiler you can still work on it.

i'm squeezing and pushing my own work back as it is ash!

have a bash?
Not sure when i could sort it atm

Still have a look. Same principals if its not the burner. Prv and expansion vessel or blocked flexi to ev.

Find out what boiler it is ash and let us know.
internal or external too

its likely you will be draining the whole system as oil boilers tend not to valved off much.

also before you do any work, tell em to flick it off atleast a few hours before.
They really hold there heat

Find out what boiler it is ash and let us know.
internal or external too

its likely you will be draining the whole system as oil boilers tend not to valved off much.

also before you do any work, tell em to flick it off atleast a few hours before.
They really hold there heat

Wheres the fun in that? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Price to change a pressure valve on a boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all. I hope one of you may have the answer i am looking for. I have four solenoid valves connected to the main water supply and they break all...
Replies
Views
Christos83
C
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am a homeowner and have a Valliant EcoTech 835 (2017). Serviced every year and worked like a treat until about a few months ago when I...
Replies
Views
the pressure of my boiler looks unstable After i re-pressurize to 1.5 bar, using tap is ok without problem. but when turn on the central heating...
Replies
Views
Back