Discuss Private Work & Payment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Ok, So I've just started doing private work. I've done 1 job which is leading on to more work. The first one was replacing a showermate pump, regrouting the tiles and changing some basin tap cartridges. I bought all parts with my credit card, did the work and now still waiting for payment 2 weeks later :/

Going forward, I think I'd prefer cash on the day.

How do you guys do it? What's the best way? Do you request payment for parts up front? I've no idea what's the best thing to do and would welcome any suggestions.

Needless to say I'm skint most of the time so buying parts with my own cash is not preferable, but if needs be I'll do it.

Cheers all

I have my own pli insurance for my private work, have had for about 18 months now. I'm still waiting for payment as I invoiced the custard (tenant) but invoice is being paid for by landlady who lives in Australia. Submitted invoice day I finished, payment terms were payment on completion by bank transfer. Waited a few days before chasing. Tenant says she'll pay me if it wasn't in my bank in next 2 days. Landlady emails her telling her she paid it on Sunday evening. Still nothing. Chased again today and tenant is chasing her.

tbh I don't think either of them are the type to not pay up, but I don't want to bloody wait any more!!! I feel like going there and removing the pump leaving them without water to the bathroom lol but she has a baby... Plus more work out of the job.

But I think going forward, if parts are over £100 I'll ask for part payment upfront to cover parts, then rest in cash on the day of completion. And cash only. I can't be doing with waiting to be paid this long, it's a week before xmas and I still need to get the mrs a pressie lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Private Work & Payment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back