Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss problem flushing ideal standard dual flush (full flush) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aquaplumb

Hello all, I've recently encountered a problem with a customers dual flush system. Its ideal standard, has a chrome flush plate with two buttons, large (full flush) and slightly smaller (half flush) The customer has two toilets within the property and both full flush systems are not operating correctly. I've removed the faceplate, two tubes are seen to connect to separate locking nuts on the pneumatic dual flush valve (SV05767). Ive removed the bellows washers but to the eye all looks fine with them. When i manually press the button beneath the bellows the flush works fine but when I reattach the bellows washer and press the full flush button on the face plate, it only partially opens, resulting in a weak, slow flush. Could the washers/bellows need replacing? the tubes look ok too, so Not sure what the problem is. Its like the air seal is lost. Can anyone suggest a possible or common problem with these?

Any help/advice is appreciated, thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to problem flushing ideal standard dual flush (full flush) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a wall hung pan with a concealed cistern. The flush is the "old style" Grohe Eau2 dual flush pneumatic button. When pressed the flush valve...
Replies
Views
i have 3 sottini toilets with a compact cistern. It has an ideal standard dual flush mechanism. 2" entry The ideal standard is poor quality in...
Replies
Views
It's a Thomas Dudley Vantage (TD 212-A) dual flush. Possibly getting on for 13 years old. I'm not a plumber but I try to solve problems myself. I...
Replies
Views
I have replaced the sealing washer to a Grohe Adagio flushvalve (42137) as water was constantly leaking from the concealed cistern. It now is...
Replies
Views
Am I the only one who sometimes puzzles over dual flush buttons? There are so many variations and each one seems to assume you know which bit to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock