Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss problem with regular y-plan system... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aqua Tech

hi got a problem that is baffling me.

we put in a new regular boiler onto a y plan which has an old switchmaster set up. All seemed to go fine apart from a call three months later. When the heating and hot water are put on together the hot water becomes scalding?

Checked to see if it was 3 port valve but that seems to work fine, then tried a new cylinder stat and seem to still get the same problem...

THe only thing that has really changed is the wiring was moved around a slight bit because of the permenant pump live that was needed with the new boiler. Could this be the problem?

any ideas are welcomed...

wiring issue i presume, the 3 port allowing primary water to cylinder even when satisfied. check 3 port wiring, or could work properyly but the 3 port is passing, what type of 3 port, how old?

When you say you checked the 3 port what did you check as it could appear to operate but as fuzzy stated it could be passing

its a very old system master, that takes ages to click around...

i checked that when on heating only the pipes are not getting hot to the coil...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to problem with regular y-plan system... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock