Discuss Problems with manifold. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMB

Hi,
I am slowly refurbishing my mothers old house for us to move in.

Fitting a new CH system. (All gas work and boiler installation is being done by a local firm).

The problem I have is with the CH manifold. Where I am joining the manifolds together they leak, a small drip now and then. I have tried much PTFE tape, but as the manifolds screw together with only three and a half turns and without the PTFE the joint flexes a fair, it really is quite loose.

When I put it in the fixings to the wall join seemed tight, but when I took it down after the leak it was nowhere near as tight.

what are my options? Considered soldering them together but that seems an admission of failure.

Many thanks in advance for your advice.

cheers

SMB

The manifolds are made by Emmeti of Italy. Photo below.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 96
Is that for underflooR?

I'm guessing there should be a washer in between them or you should have got a bigger manifold!?

No washer is listed and the manufacturers quote that they can be joined together.
The largest manifold they do of this type is 4 ways.

Cheers

Is it for underfloor heating or radiators? Emmeti is underfloor gear I think

I have only ever made an mic threaded type joint into the end if a manifold, not another manifold! If it only goes in 3 1/2 turns then you don't have much thread to get a good seal... Soldering won't work on a threaded joint too well!

Maybe some loctite 55 cord would be better

Thanks.

As all merchants are closed now will have to wait.

Thanks for your advice.

boss white and hemp if that doesnt work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Problems with manifold. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock