Search the forum,

Discuss problems . . . in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes this is a follow on from my other post!

I am installing a steam unit bath/shower that has unfortunately been shipped directly from china to here!
It has an unusual trap, probably less than 50 mm in total, and much less in seal. This exits the shower about 1cm above the floor, although there is only less than half a meter run to the stack.

I am worried that the toilet may backup into the bath/shower . . .

I was considering putting a hepvo on the shower outlet to stop backflow from the toilet (this seems to be happening already, as the boss is very close to the toilet outlet).

The bathroom has been installed very badly in the first place and there is one problem after another.

Is there any way to solve this issue without ripping the floor and bathroom out to redo under floor plumbing?

Could i use a mcalpine non return waste valve? Would this be better than a horizontal hepvo that would have a poor flow rate and be likely to block?

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Use the HepV O trap better than a non return, you can buy an adapter to make it into a running trap which may help in positioning it. There should not be a problem leaving the other trap in place, as so little pressure is needed to open the HepV O. (it will work in any orientations)
Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to problems . . . in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock