Currently reading:
Prv terminating onto neighbouring boundary.

Discuss Prv terminating onto neighbouring boundary. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iain85

Strange one chaps so thought I'd see if anyone has had this before.

One of my customers has a problem where by their ere neighbour has a leaking prv which terminates onto there land (garden decking).
now the neighbour is aware of the issue but is a tight wad so is just leaving it and not acting on the leak.

My customers are quite rightly getting the arse and asked my advice. So, as I don't know what the legal thing to do is I thought I'd refer it to higher powers!

Thanks

Would have thought that it should terminate in neighbours property and not on next doors decking. This must be an easy fix. Why not offer to do it for free? You will gain that customer for life and sort the problem for them. Only have to spend a few quid on a couple of fittings and a bit of copper.

Could also get you in the door to repair the prv issue?!

Last edited:
so is it coming straight out?if so and it was causing my customers distress i would bend it back onto his wall job done.

Has to terminate back to the wall,so tell neighbour you will contact gas safe with a pic of proof

Has to terminate back to the wall,so tell neighbour you will contact gas safe with a pic of proof

Gas safe won't give a hoot! It's not exactly endangering life or property.

Put a bucket under it & throw the water over the neighbours fence when its full!

Snap it off in the wall, once his walls start getting damp he'll want it fixed

... an opportunity to earn some brownie points.

whats it connected to? if it gets bunged up it will could cause an internal leak at the tundish. What a shame that would be.

Gas safe wont be bothered youre right gassafe but neighbour doesnt know that

No way I'd fix it for free as this guy is apparently a skin flint and the odds of getting work of the back of it are minimal to none existent.
the prv faces the wall but drips down onto the decking staining it. I'll give them the good news that Gas Safe won't give a monkeys and it's best to deal with 'in house'.

Cheers All

No way I'd fix it for free as this guy is apparently a skin flint and the odds of getting work of the back of it are minimal to none existent.
the prv faces the wall but drips down onto the decking staining it. I'll give them the good news that Gas Safe won't give a monkeys and it's best to deal with 'in house'.

Cheers All

Draft a party wall act letter rendering to the detrimental effects of leak and that they plan to hold him responsible. Party wall act pro formers on google

Draft a party wall act letter rendering to the detrimental effects of leak and that they plan to hold him responsible. Party wall act pro formers on google

Cheers, I'll let them know. Sounds like a can of worms that a club hammer and some cement would sort out a lot easier mind!

Cheers, I'll let them know. Sounds like a can of worms that a club hammer and some cement would sort out a lot easier mind!

Does flue discharge in same place ? Ooooooh plastic bag and elastic band or put hosepipe in exhaust part if flue, hopefully it's a condensing boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Prv terminating onto neighbouring boundary. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock