Discuss Prv terminating onto neighbouring boundary. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iain85

Strange one chaps so thought I'd see if anyone has had this before.

One of my customers has a problem where by their ere neighbour has a leaking prv which terminates onto there land (garden decking).
now the neighbour is aware of the issue but is a tight wad so is just leaving it and not acting on the leak.

My customers are quite rightly getting the arse and asked my advice. So, as I don't know what the legal thing to do is I thought I'd refer it to higher powers!

Thanks

Would have thought that it should terminate in neighbours property and not on next doors decking. This must be an easy fix. Why not offer to do it for free? You will gain that customer for life and sort the problem for them. Only have to spend a few quid on a couple of fittings and a bit of copper.

Could also get you in the door to repair the prv issue?!

Last edited:
so is it coming straight out?if so and it was causing my customers distress i would bend it back onto his wall job done.

Has to terminate back to the wall,so tell neighbour you will contact gas safe with a pic of proof

Has to terminate back to the wall,so tell neighbour you will contact gas safe with a pic of proof

Gas safe won't give a hoot! It's not exactly endangering life or property.

Put a bucket under it & throw the water over the neighbours fence when its full!

Snap it off in the wall, once his walls start getting damp he'll want it fixed

... an opportunity to earn some brownie points.

whats it connected to? if it gets bunged up it will could cause an internal leak at the tundish. What a shame that would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Prv terminating onto neighbouring boundary. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am new to this forum and would highly appreciate if someone could provide a guidance pls. Ours is a semi detached property with bungalow...
Replies
Views
P
Im aware of the regulations that say you can not position a flue on a boundary wall if this blows into your neighbours garden, but does this still...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Apologies for the mammoth post but my neighbours and I really need some advice... I recently purchased a flat that was built in 2016...
Replies
Views
A
Hi there, I recently purchased a flat that was built in 2016. The apartment is still under the NHBC 10yr warranty. Since moving in, I discovered...
Replies
Views
Amelia
A
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock