Search the forum,

Discuss PTFE or LSX rad tails in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't use LSX on rad tales. PTFE or Paste but I don't like paste either. :p
What do you use then? Hemp needs paste, so you aren't using that.
Rocol thread seal goo?

Boss white and hemp never leak

Hemp, or Flax as I call it, is terrible for when you have to remove fittings though! Often locks solid and often difficult removing bits of remaining hemp from threads.
Quite skillful to use hemp also IMO, certainly for anyone who hasn't used it before.
I would say ptfe tape at correct amount to ensure the fittings become a little resistant to fully turning in, plus some paste on it to lubricate the joint and add seal. Makes it easy for a poor bloke coming after us years later to remove a rad tail, or other fitting

Yes but I have a roll of hemp and there's so little I'm legally allowed to use it for that I need to use it for valve tails or I'll retire before I finish it. I use it with Water Hawk, mind, because I've a tub of that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to PTFE or LSX rad tails in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock