Discuss Pump hoses can be bent? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I just had a shower pump installed, but the manufactory Salamander Pumps Technical Advisor said :"The silver anti vibration hoses are bent 90 degrees. These are to be straight as per manufactory installation guide. For this reason, as how it has been installed it will not validate the warranty."

I checked with the installer who said: the hoses are flexible, it can be bent, it's no problem.

I don't know which one is correct, please would you check the photos of the pump and confirm if it is OK?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• pump1.jpeg
    pump1.jpeg
    130.9 KB · Views: 47
  • pump2.jpeg
    pump2.jpeg
    120.4 KB · Views: 40
  • pump3.jpeg
    pump3.jpeg
    124.8 KB · Views: 47
They may not ready it but the anti vibration connections should not be bent & be straight, a qualified plumber should know it?
A reputable plumber will read the MI’s before installing a product. Different manufacturers require different things to work properly and not to void any warranty. Yes the plumber should have read the paperwork.

Reply to Pump hoses can be bent? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All, I believe that some time ago I may have replaced the Shower Pump that stopped working after approximately 3 to 5 years or more with...
Replies
Views
I have just had a Salamander CT60BU negative head shower pump reinstalled after the previous same pump failed. The old pump initially after...
Replies
Views
Please Read Full Description/ I Am Manchester Based Plumbing And Heating Fittings/Materials/Consumables 1000's £££££££ Various Items(See List...
Replies
Views
Hi, Since having some house renovations 2 years ago, which included adding two extra rads, replacing others and re-plumbing the boiler , I have...
Replies
Views
D
Hi Our RSP-75 Salamander shower pump sprang a leak from the cold side end cap 3 months after installation and their technical support said it was...
Replies
Views
DrZepster
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock