Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Pump on 24/7 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zambo

Not sure how long this has been going on, because I only noticed when the pump got a bit noisy, but pump is on day and night, including when boiler is not on. I can't switch it off at the plug when I go to bed, because heating/water comes on before I get up.

I assume pump should be switched on and off by the boiler coming on and going off, so assume it could be a pcb problem.

Could a temp solution be to plug into timer so pumb comes on and goes off with water/heating, or could this cause probs. I know I could have one for example if I got a temp power cut. What could happen for eg if boiler came on and pump was off.

Cheers in advance for any halp and advice.

youve got a fault, get it checked, using a time switch aint gonna sort it properly pump should only run on demand or for heat disapation depending on system /boiler youve got

depending on your boiler this sounds like a pump over run fault[poss pcb] or a wiring fault as others have advised get some one in to sort it

Boiler is Baxi Solo 2 50 PF, and I believe that the pump is switched on and off by the boiler rather than being wired to the timer. Looks like the only way I'm going to sort it is have a new pcb. Expensive, but it doesn't look like there is any other option.

Thanks for your replies.

Does sound like the pump over-run to me, is the boiler going off as could also be a sticking micro-switch on your diverter valve, had this a lot of times with Danfoss zone valves but the boiler also fires up.
Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pump on 24/7 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has just had a new boiler fitted and hes noticed that the pump runs 24x7 even when both the heating and hot water are set to off. He’s...
Replies
Views
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any...
Replies
Views
Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock