Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss ?pump over run problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jim2

I had a power flush a few weeks ago and it took me a while to notice something different. I had a new pump fitted at the same time as the PF as aged old one well gunged up. Conventional system with 18 yr old Glow Worm boiler in good condition running 11 rads. Before the PF the pump over run would work after every boiler shut down with heating on, as far as I can recall. Now though it does not come on EXCEPT when I have turned the hall thermostat up a degree or two, say when coming down in a morning. I usually leave the heating on all the time in the winter and turn the thermostat down 2 or 3 degrees for the night. As I said after the boiler has shut down after upping the thermostat then the pump will over run but it does not do so at any other time. Is there a fault here? The boiler thermostat is set mid position where it has always been.

Sounds like the flush has done the job, 1st thoughts :) Overrun will kickin if the heat in the boiler is above a certain temp ... sounds like it's no longer getting too hot :)

I had a power flush a few weeks ago and it took me a while to notice something different. I had a new pump fitted at the same time as the PF as aged old one well gunged up. Conventional system with 18 yr old Glow Worm boiler in good condition running 11 rads. Before the PF the pump over run would work after every boiler shut down with heating on, as far as I can recall. Now though it does not come on EXCEPT when I have turned the hall thermostat up a degree or two, say when coming down in a morning. I usually leave the heating on all the time in the winter and turn the thermostat down 2 or 3 degrees for the night. As I said after the boiler has shut down after upping the thermostat then the pump will over run but it does not do so at any other time. Is there a fault here? The boiler thermostat is set mid position where it has always been.

Thanks Diamondgas, I shall stop worrying about it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ?pump over run problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has just had a new boiler fitted and hes noticed that the pump runs 24x7 even when both the heating and hot water are set to off. He’s...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
I have an older gas boiler HW heating system with a taco circulator pump for each zone that worked fine last season. When turning it on for the...
Replies
Views
My central heating is run off a heat pump ( air to water ) quite expensive to run , So I’m plainning to fit a wood burning with a back boiler to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a Glowworm Ultimate 35C boiler. It shuts off at its max temp of 60C when heating radiators and the pump carries on running pumping heat...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock