Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Pumping over or venting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fidd01

Problem with pumping over on a domestic vented central heating system.... I am a fairly capable diy'er and have started to tackle the CH in our home, the system had started pumping over into the F&E tank. I had initially put it down to a failing pump (getting noisy) pump changed bit of gunk evident so put some system cleaner in. 1 week passed still pumping over... Thought maybe a problem with actuator or 3 port valve, actuator functioning correctly, changed 3 port valve body incase of blockage. Still pumping over.... BUT only on hot water?!? Attached is a picture of a fairly standard installation, the only thing I can think of is the reducer to 15mm on the HW side of the 3 port valve being a bottle neck (this has been removed and inspected for sludge none present) should this be 22mm??? Or do I have another problem?!? Many thanks in advance

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 48
Looks like pipework fault... Get a plumber to change it to a different style of cold feed & vent

Could be pipework but it looks correct as in the vent, cold feed and pump in right order. Mental way to pipe it up to be honest with the primary flow going up then down to the pump meeting the vent and cold feed on the way.

Pump is upside down, downward flow. From the boiler up past vent then cold feed then down through pump and round system. If it were the other way round surely I would be pumping back to the boiler?

Pump should be facing the correct way unless the head was rotated on the body... Pumping towards the 3 port is correct.

I still think the feed & vent Could be changed, sounds like it's making a loop up the vent & down the cold feed... Will be bringing a lot of air into the system too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pumping over or venting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

… praying to the plumbing God, Bob Pictures and layout details attached, so be patient. 21 year old oil fired system in pretty good nick. I...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just a quick question. I have a log burner and a gas boiler on a dual fuel system (Central heating and Hot Water) either can do both. The...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock