Discuss Push fit soil pipes.. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Does it matter if they aren’t fully inserted, as long as they go past sealing ring? I cut a bit of pipe 1-2cm too short and can’t get it out the other side to change!

should be fine aslong as theres no movement

As long as you de-burred the inside edge of the pipe you should be alright. If it's at all past the o-ring it shouldn't leak and if the pipe is deburred it shouldn't catch debris on the way through even if there is a small gap between pipe end and the stop inside the fitting.

Reply to Push fit soil pipes.. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We're in the process of upgrading 2 bathrooms in our house: the ensuite and the family bathroom. These adjoin one another. The ensuite is...
Replies
Views
It's not every day I deal with 110mm soil pipes, therefore I do not have a selection of different fittings at hand to try what combination fits my...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. New to the forum and looking for assistance / advice. I live in a rented house with a not very co-operative landlord. I have just...
Replies
Views
Hi Can anyone advise how the copper push fit connectors work? Is it a matter of just pushing in the pipe until it goes in as far as it can and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3...
Replies
Views
Back