Discuss Quality of current LDF in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Fitted a gas fire early this week 3 joints tested with LDF .
Also done a TT no drop .

Went back to fire tested the joints again with LDF no bubbles.

Call tonight small leak from fire WTF ??
How the hell does that happen any you lot had similar ?

where was the leak?

On the top of the restrictor.
3 times I put LDF on that and nothing .

Baffled as to how it leaked to be honest

I can't comment on the leak but the current popular LDF is crap.
The best thing ever used was soapy water but of course that's corrosive and you can't use it anymore, more is the pitty in my opinion.

I have a bottle of the brush on LDF , TBH I should chuck it . Dont trust it at all , the aerosols are spot on but are expensive .

Fitted a gas fire early this week 3 joints tested with LDF .
Also done a TT no drop .

Went back to fire tested the joints again with LDF no bubbles.

Call tonight small leak from fire WTF ??
How the hell does that happen any you lot had similar ?

One issue with testing restrictor elbows with LDF is that the fibre washer in the cap can swell with the LDF, showing no leak. Once it dries again it shrinks and starts to leak. This is why BG now issue bonded washers to replace these; you can get them from BES, I just swap them out on service (and don't forget to charge for them!)

Bonded seal - 3346 - Installation Equipment | BES.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Quality of current LDF in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock