Discuss question about hot water pipe and fitting new taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chireg69

Hello
I am about to change my bath and taps but when I took off the old bath panel I noticed the hot water pipe is 22mm all the way to the tap. The cold is 15mm. Now my new taps have 15mm fittings on them both.
My question is, am I ok to cut the 22mm pipe further down and put on a Compression connector reducing it from 22mm to 15mm and then connecting it up to the tap?
I'll be using flexible fittings from the pipe to the tap!
Many thanks for any help!

taps come in imperial sizes
bath taps are 3/4"
sounds like your are 1/2" this would suggest they are basin taps
incedently the thread on a 15mm connection is the same as 1/2" thread

Is that a flexi where one end fits the 15mm tap and the other goes on the 22ml pipe?
Cheers

To be honest the taps are already on the new bath which is virtually brand new! My mom has just swapped it for a shower!

have a look at screwfix or toolstation
there are so many different sizes and option available from tap size to pipe size with or without a isolation valve fitted, pushfit etc

how old is the pipe work?
just a note of caution that what looks like 22mm pipe could be 3/4" pipe if the house was of a certain age say 40/50 years

the house is about 40 years old. I don't know if it's the original pipework! It looks a bit of a mess to be honest. The cold supply is 15mm! What do you guys think of the push fit connectors? Problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to question about hot water pipe and fitting new taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock