Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Question about leaking toilet in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I noticed a leak in a toilet in a house I have recently moved into. One of our other toilets is the same but is not leaking from this same "fitting". I gave the leaky one a quick turn to tighten it and it seems to have stopped leaking. Should I have done this, and what is this fitting for? Picture attached. This is taken from ground level looking up at the toilet.

The water was coming out of the threaded area as shown by the arrow.

leaky toilet.PNG

Reply to Question about leaking toilet in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock