Discuss Quiet Whole house pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi, I am looking at putting in a new system where I raise the cwsc in the loft, put the cylinder in there and use a whole house pump to pump 2 bathrooms but not the toilets. Would like it to be as quiet as possible. Any recommendations? Looking at a couple of big shower heads in this and a bath.

Cheers

The 'secret' of quietening pumps in a loft is to mount them as close to a solid wall as possible and then to mount on as large a slab of 'proper' paving slab as possible. That minimises rotational pump vibration.
Using proper silicone based flexible hoses will isolate pipe transmitted vibration.

What I am actually thinking is getting using a thermal store and putting in a 5 bar single pump and then splitting it for hot and cold. The only thing is, they only have a gas boiler. No wood burner or solar. Maybe they could be persuaded

Dab e sys box

So, Gledhill say there system is not designed to work off a pump so not sure it will work not being under constant mains pressure. I cannot really see why it would not. Anyone?

Reply to Quiet Whole house pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock