Discuss Quooker...is 110 degree water really ok? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

G3: ‘A hot water system that has a hot water storage vessel shall incorporate precautions to: (a) prevent the temperature of the water stored in the vessel at any time exceeding 100˚C’

Quooker: ‘The water is heated to 110˚C in the Quooker tank…When the water flows out of the boiling-water tap, the water cools from 110˚C to 100˚C and boils.

I like the idea of water cooling to boiling point. But seriously, am I missing something or do Quooker just ignore the Building Regs? (and the Water Regs.)

G3: ‘A hot water system that has a hot water storage vessel shall incorporate precautions

Quooker, presumably, isn't a system it's a single outlet.
They've been in the U.K for over 10 years and Holland for 15 before that.
I would have thought someone would have brought up the issue, if there was one, before now.

Not a storage system. ?

786AB0DE-2298-4B3C-A2BF-CFD162224E0D.png

Not daft at all. I was talking to a guy who owns one today and asking him how it worked. He said that the Quooker guy told him that the tank was full of superheated steam and that cold water flowed through the steam and turned into boiling water. Scary stuff.

Reply to Quooker...is 110 degree water really ok? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock