Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Radiator heat output query in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Tamconick

Tamconick New Member

Hi, I need to replace a bathroom rad asap but cannot get the original size of 900 height x 500 width in time for plumber to fit.

Original was a basic single convector rad & didn't throw out much heat anyway.

My question is if I got a 700 x 500 but a wickes premium type 22 double panel would it still throw out enough heat... or more than the original single 900 height anyway!
    Thanks

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Yes, actually it will be more heat

3. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

It should be more then adequate. But you never know. I would call your plumber give him the measurements of your room, what the room is used for, what type of floor it has, if it has a window and if it is south facing and he will be able to tell you the figure you need for that room in kw's or BTU's dependant on the figure you are after.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tamconick

Tamconick New Member

That's really helpful information, thank you so much

5. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Yes it will provide more than the old one .

• Like Like x 1
  6. leelister6

leelister6 Plumber GSR

As a rough guide, measure your room in feet then multiply all measurements together then multiply by 4 then add 15% and you'll be close. (eg. 10 x 12 x 8 x 4 = 3840 + 15% = 4416 btu)

• Like Like x 1