Discuss radiator prob in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stelang

Hi , i have one radiator out of 5 that will not bleed , even when i turn the rest off it still wont play ball. It gets hot at bottom and i can hear the air coming out, but not a lot and only on occasions . When the heating is off i can hear like a dripping sound from inside the rad about 90 seconds apart... It is in the bedroom the rest are ok 5 rads in all problem started about 2 months ago . Im thinking of taking it off and reconnecting it to see if this helps... trapped air ? i dont know........... thanks

Ok - tell us if you have a trv on ur rad ? do not take the rad off just yet we may be able to help you CHK
Hi , i have one radiator out of 5 that will not bleed , even when i turn the rest off it still wont play ball. It gets hot at bottom and i can hear the air coming out, but not a lot and only on occasions . When the heating is off i can hear like a dripping sound from inside the rad about 90 seconds apart... It is in the bedroom the rest are ok 5 rads in all problem started about 2 months ago . Im thinking of taking it off and reconnecting it to see if this helps... trapped air ? i dont know........... thanks

Yep. That's a trv. Take the plastic head off you'll see a wee pin. Make sure it'smoving up and down.

Don't touch the nuts with the pipes in them. That way ends in tears and your wife shouting rude words at you.....

how do you get the cap off ? tried pulling it up and there is no screw holding it on .. its a lifestyle make...

it is a solid valve white plastic there is no separate cap to it

where it joins to the valve is there a knurled ring? you unscrew that to remove it like on this one

80954.jpg

Leave the head off for a while see if the rad heats up.

I see you're on microbore which could be a whole other problem.

well found out that the boiler was to low topped it up now im sweating... happy days .. this is a great forum and a big thonk you for your help and time .. most appreciated ..... :oops: silly me

We love happy outcomes and especially when people takethe time to reply CHK
well found out that the boiler was to low topped it up now im sweating... happy days .. this is a great forum and a big thonk you for your help and time .. most appreciated ..... :oops: silly me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to radiator prob in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock