Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Radiator problem again in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sam28

Hi Everyone

posted this article the other day:

I recently had 2 new radiators installed in my house, one in the bedroom & one in the en-suite on the 2nd floor both with trv's (think thats what they are called) radiator in the en-suite works fine but the one in the bedroom begins to warm up then stops. Just wondering what might be the problem? Ive tried bleeding the faulty radiator but with no success.

------------------------------------
Plumber on this web-site said:
hopefully air lock, shut all other rads, dodgy rad should work fine.
then the "new" system will require balancing with the lockshield valves your installer should of done this, call him back.
------------------------------------
Really greatful for the response above!
could not get back the plumber who installed the radiators as his mobile has gone dead, so got another plumber in who said as the radiators in the en-suite & bedroom are so near together because of the TRV's when they heat up bedroom radiator cuts off, and has said to me will cost £250 to remove bedroom radiator to another position to sort prob out.
Is this rite? just at my wits end & dont know what to do.....

Try turning the one off in the en-suite. If the one in the bedroom then starts to work then you've found the problem.

You'll then need to either move the bedroom rad OR remove the TRV's. Although this is taking a backward step, you'll be heating a space that doesn't need maximum heat. (depends on the age of your house etc but you may have energy efficiency issues etc).

As for cost £250 doesn't seem horrific depending on the work req'd lifting floorboards, copper pipe, draining system etc etc.

or just change the trv head in the bathroom, replace with a normal manual valve

Thanks all for the comments, really appreciate it.
take of both heads and see if both rads work ok together if yes you may overcome the problem by adjusting one down low if not as has been said either change valve or use the manual cap on one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiator problem again in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I bought the a bleed valve from S****fix about a year ago: s****fix.com/p/radiator-vent-blanking-plug-nickel-2-pack/40972 It worked fine...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your...
Replies
Views
Would like some help please as my Drayton Wiser system is a mess. I had 2 TRVs in the lounge, one in the main bedroom, the rest of the house - 6...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock