Currently reading:
Radiator sizes??

Discuss Radiator sizes?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys been asked to quote for supply and fit 5 rads.

They are old radiators coming out and the sizes seem a bit odd.

rad 1 - 965 wide x 750 high

rad 2 - 1190 wide x 600 high

rad 3 - 1405 x 750 high

rad 4 - 965 wide x 600 high

rad 5 - 1440 x 750 high

Need to get replacement rads as close to these sizes as possible, pretty confident i have measured them accurately but they seem like odd sizes (width anyway) Seems as though there is going to be a need for pipe work adjustment/ tail extensions.

They'll be imperial sizes so you will have to get as close as you can, then either adjust the pipes or use tail extensions.

Yeah they are imperial sizes.

You can get the extended rad tails that look like ordinary rad tails. Looks better than those chunky extension pieces.

Yeah they are imperial sizes.

You can get the extended rad tails that look like ordinary rad tails. Looks better than those chunky extension pieces.

The telescopic type that can be pulled out to the required length? I forgot about those, thanks.

Give yourself plenty of time and if it's feasible re pipe, it always looks better then extensions.

Always go a size smaller with the new rads, unless your going to move the pipe or pipes.

The telescopic type that can be pulled out to the required length? I forgot about those, thanks.

Not the extendable ones. I can't remember who makes them I think it might be peglernbut can't remember but just look like normal tails.

Hi guys been asked to quote for supply and fit 5 rads.

They are old radiators coming out and the sizes seem a bit odd.

rad 1 - 965 wide x 750 high

rad 2 - 1190 wide x 600 high

rad 3 - 1405 x 750 high

rad 4 - 965 wide x 600 high

rad 5 - 1440 x 750 high

Need to get replacement rads as close to these sizes as possible, pretty confident i have measured them accurately but they seem like odd sizes (width anyway) Seems as though there is going to be a need for pipe work adjustment/ tail extensions.

tell them they need underfloor

Yeah they are pegler if you google it it will bring them up. I can't work out how to do links on this iPad

You have to really rough the threads up on those, or the ptfe slides up.

Aye they are at a premium price too though. But to be honest its swings and roundabouts, I find it cheaper to use a metric rad and move the pipework. Its also more of an earner.

The fact she has asked for a supply and fit price then will make a decision on whether i supply or she supplies i know she will not be opting for premium quality. She wants to keep the rads at approx the same sizes as they are now.

Thanks for all the replies so far.

New rads plus valves, hopefully i can come up with a price she is happy with and earn a decent amount myself, will allow a day for it taking in to account i may have to adjust pipework etc.

Who does the best rad prices?

Williams, Grahams? or best off going to a local merchants?

best rad prices round here are selcos not bad rads either think they are henrads only thing is you have to check them when you pick up as lots get bashed on the shelves

Last edited:
Centre brand are myson rebranded, never had a problem with them.

Graham own rads are poor quality, the casing falls off and the corners can be sharp.

Stelrad are good, again well made but cost more unless you have good terms.

Hope that hat helps a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiator sizes?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock