Search the forum,

Discuss Radiators: Cast Iron Vs Modern? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

All,

I've recently purchased an old victorian house which will need renovation. We're looking into central heating solutions and are currently deciding on what type of radiators to purchase and install.

What do people think of (Reclaimed) cast iron radiators as opposed to modern radiator panels (Stelrad Classic Column)?

Classic Column Radiator | Designer Collection | Stelrad

Pros and cons of each would be great.

James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiators: Cast Iron Vs Modern? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, we want to upgrade our downstairs radiators from normal ones to new cast iron ones. We have had a quote from Castrads and the quality looks great but they are twice as expensive as another similar option. Are they significantly better please? What should we be looking for? We want them to be...
Replies
Views
B
We have recently installed column radiators (stelrad regal) pretty much throughout our house during renovation/extension work. We choose steel radiators for the classic design. I knew they would contain more water than traditional radiators but that information isn’t really advertised and I just...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I'm after a bit of advice about our church heating. We have a cast iron central heating system in the main church building that has recently suffered a leak where it joins onto the newer (circa 10 years old) boiler feed steel pipework. Finding a contractor who wants to work with cast...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am hoping to gain some advice following encountering several issues which I'm struggling to determine the magnitude of in my central heating system. I had 8 new cast iron radiators installed in December and since then my Vokera 28 Compact boiler has been dropping pressure on a regular...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock