Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Radiators going cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

egibberate

Hi,
I've recently had some building work done during which three new 'double radiator/double convector' were installed. There are four radiators downstairs altogether. When the heating is switched on all the radiators are hot, however, after a while two of the new radiators go cold and one remains hot. If I bleed a cold radiator, cold water comes out (not air). If I switch the radiators off & then switch them back on half an hour later they're all hot for a while and then two go cold again.
Thanks for reading this & I appreciate your time & expertise.

I had a job years ago when trv's were first coming out, where the customer just couldn't understand why some were turning off and kept insisting there was something wrong with the radiators.
After about half a dozen visits to check and explain i got fed up listening to her going on about it so removed the heads, cut the pins and put the heads back on. Happy customer.
I continued to do her work for the next 10 years or so until she moved and she used to say "I've never had a bit trouble with my radiators since you fixed them that time. They are always nice and warm":eek:
The next owners must have wondered why the valves didn't work.:confused::)

If you had an extension put on and new rads with trv
It could be as simple as it's well insulated

Is the room stat still calling for heat when the rads are cold?

it sounds like a balancing issue ,A very simple thing to do is get the rads you want hot first and then crank them down to an acceptable level and the open up the other ones sorted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiators going cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock