Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Radiators need bleeding every day !! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paul.binding.52

Hello, I recently started my own property maintenance business along with level 2 diploma in plumbing and heating. However I am currently working at a house where the radiators require bleeding every day. I have been advised by my college tutor to pour fernox cleaning inhibitor in the system drain it down then add fernox leak sealer. Would this be the best remedy to cure what could possibly be air getting into the central heating system?

Fernox is unlikely to cure anything.
Cure the disease rather than treat the symptoms.
Think about it.

What kind of stuff do they teach these days.

Start with the basics, open vented or a sealed system?

i wouldn't bother with leak sealer if its all the rads then its unlikely drawing air from a leak

Is said system open vented? Does said system have an air separator? Does said system pump over? If the answer is yes to the above DO NOT put leak sealer in just cut out and remove air separator upgrade the h plan to 28mm and jobs a fish.

is it actually air you're bleeding out or hydrogen?

Steve,

Can any system produce Hydrogen in that amount, if it did he could feed it back into the gas main, I suppose there would need to be a qualification for that
could be GSR and now HSR, he's discovered perpetual motion and with only level 2 Diploma, he only need to try and light it if it nitrogen, don't set the curtains on fire

Tony

tamz;611331 What kind of stuff do they teach these days.[/QUOTE said:
Steady on Tamz just because you got City & Guilds Advance practical, independence days is coming and you need to start making your
mind up what you are doing.

if the system is really badly corroded i imagine it could produce enough hydrogen for the national grid lol

Hi Paul , Looking at your photo ! is this your every day work clothes ?

Hi Paul , Looking at your photo ! is this your every day work clothes ?

I take it you didn't read the 'how important is your presentation' thread then? Mind you it looks a bit odd with snickers trousers and knee pads on the lower half.

I take it you didn't read the 'how important is your presentation' thread then? Mind you it looks a bit odd with snickers trousers and knee pads on the lower half.
What make you think he's got anything on the lower half ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiators need bleeding every day !! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock