Search the forum,

Discuss Radiators - Williams and co in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Anyone fitted the new 'turbo rad'?
Any feedback?

I guess they are stopping the Heatline, I always thought they were good value for money, only let down by the paint finish around the four connections

Anyone fitted the new 'turbo rad'?
Any feedback?

I guess they are stopping the Heatline, I always thought they were good value for money, only let down by the paint finish around the four connections

Hi Scott.

Yes, we are stopping the Heatline - a combination of the political instability in Turkey, and the the interest rate changes, made it unsustainable.

We have actually sold all of the Heatline "Advantage" range - a single customer bought the entire stock. We still have a few thousand of the Exclusive if anyone is interested.

Fortunately, the decision to stop the Heatline co-incided with an old business contact buying QRL (aka Quinn or Barlo) so they are making the turborad for us. Essentially, its a Quinn radiator in our wrapper, and without the expense of having to support the QRL sales force and marketing costs.

It has the other advantage that if you remove the grilles and panels and invert the radiator, you have an old-fashioned roundtop. Nice to have a product built in the UK too.

Last edited by a moderator:
When will you be listing the turborad on the site?
Are they a similar quality to the heatlines?

When will you be listing the turborad on the site?
Are they a similar quality to the heatlines?

We are still building stock, and it may be the end of next week before they are on the site - we don't want to list them until we have a full stock range ready to ship.

It has a higher output than the Heatline, and is a more brilliant white, so it looks nicer. To be honest, I don't think the packaging is quite as good and we are working with QRL on that.

I have just sent an email to the sales team asking them to send you a sample on Monday.

Hi Ray
I was looking at them today in the new Pricebusters and it states "25mm waterways pitch resulting in extremely high outputs (verified in the UK)"

I checked against some of your others & indeed the outputs were quite a bit better.

Do you have or can you get some more details on how they achieve this please interested in what makes them tick.

Many thanks Chris

I've fitted a couple of these now and have found them to be good quality and seem to give a higher heat output

Hi Scott.

Yes, we are stopping the Heatline - a combination of the political instability in Turkey, and the the interest rate changes, made it unsustainable.

We have actually sold all of the Heatline "Advantage" range - a single customer bought the entire stock. We still have a few thousand of the Exclusive if anyone is interested.

Fortunately, the decision to stop the Heatline co-incided with an old business contact buying QRL (aka Quinn or Barlo) so they are making the turborad for us. Essentially, its a Quinn radiator in our wrapper, and without the expense of having to support the QRL sales force and marketing costs.

It has the other advantage that if you remove the grilles and panels and invert the radiator, you have an old-fashioned roundtop. Nice to have a product built in the UK too.

So in short you are selling a rad made in the uk?

Hi Ray
I was looking at them today in the new Pricebusters and it states "25mm waterways pitch resulting in extremely high outputs (verified in the UK)"

I checked against some of your others & indeed the outputs were quite a bit better.

Do you have or can you get some more details on how they achieve this please interested in what makes them tick.

Many thanks Chris

Hi Chris.

The pitch of the waterways refers to the distance between the centre of each waterway. On most radiators, the pitch is 33mm. The QRL has waterways every 25mm so that the proportion of metal in direct contact with system water is greater.

This also means that the convector fins (which are welded to the waterways) are packed slightly closer together, and they're are designed with a slightly increased surface area. As I am sure you know, radiators actually heat more by convection than by radiation.

I only know of 2 rads using the 25mm pitch - the QRL family (Quinn, HiLo, Barlo, TurboRad) and the Heatline Exclusive model (the Heatline Advantage was 33mm). There may be some others, but if so I am not aware of them operating in the UK.

The other point at issue is which lab you use to get your rad certified. There are several test houses throughout Europe. The test houses in Germany and the UK are generally accepted to be the gold standard, but it is not without precedent for an importer to send their radiator to every test house in Europe, and then use the best outcome for their marketing. Since the less well equipped test houses may have a margin of accuracy in excess of 5%, this can give quite an advantage.

We recently sent a range of competitors products to be tested in the UK. Unsurprisingly, Stelrad, Heatline (part of Vaillant group) and other premium brands tested very close to their advertised outputs. Several imported radiators did not come close to the outputs that they were claiming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiators - Williams and co in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock