Discuss Rads for domestic hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flash

hi can anyone tell me if Aul rads can be used on domestic hot water system insted of brass, copper or stainless steel:confused:

Its a case of using rads made of a metal that will not rust or you will get a gob full of hot rusty water.
Its not only that of course, you don't want electrolysis occurring either, this occurs between various metals depending on how far apart they are on the electrolytic scale. They can cause one another to corrode or one cause the other to corrode.
The water itself is also usually highly aggressive and full of oxygen and so prone to cause problems in the likes of iron rads.

Problem is hot water rads like hot water pumps usually cost a fortune.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rads for domestic hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
J
Hi Can somebody tell me if a standard heat source pump installation uses a pressurized hot water tank? Or will the pressure for the hot water be...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I noticed this winter my living room rad only get hot in the top half. Radiator is 1600mm(DP SC) double panel single convector. System...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock