Search the forum,

Discuss raindance showerhead support in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me guess Hansgrohe? are the and grub screws top and bottom? Allen key required.

Hi Phil....Thanks for your reply. Yes it's a Hansgrohe. The top and bottom 33mm of the slider bar are obviously detachable. There are 3 holes underneath the bottom one and it's difficult to see what's inside so I probed them all with a 3mm Allen key. I could insert this 13mm and with a bit of wiggling a further 15mm in the outer two. But when I tried turning the key it didn't seem to be moving the grub screw, just clicking every 60 degrees. A 4mm key won't fit in the hole and when I looked up the standard key sizes there doesn't seem to be anything between 3 and 4mm. Can you suggest my next move, please?

I think its a 2.5mm allen key needed. They come with showers and litter the bottom of my toolbox like a little metal carpet.

This is a very belated follow up to the comments from Phil, Steveb, stevetheplumber and Masood. Thanks very much to all of you. Unfortunately I've not resolved the problem yet but now have a much more urgent one. I have a hot water underfloor heating system in a 9 year old 2 bed flat. I'm very pleased with it and would never look at anything else in the future. But -- one bedroom is in deep trouble. It's permanently on, full power! In case you think this a sudden emergency I have to tell you that I am a serious procrastinator. The problem has been there since we bought the flat in Oct 2012 but since it's my bedroom, not my wife's , I just do without bedclothes until the heating can go off again. I'll write an account of my investigations so far and start a new thread as soon as possible (don't hold your breath!}. Once again thanks for your interest and I do enjoy reading other members' cliff-hanging who dunnits!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to raindance showerhead support in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, the edge of the end of my bathtub leaks when I am about 3 minutes in the shower. The faucet is on the opposite side. What could be causing...
Replies
Views
H
Hi, I have this shower: Vitalio Joy System 260 Shower system with thermostatic mixer for wall mounting -...
Replies
Views
Please can someone tell me the best way of removing a siliconed folding support rail that has been siliconed to a tiled bathroom wall at my mums...
Replies
Views
Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up...
Replies
Views
hey everyone, Many thanks for any help, by the way! I live in a 2 bedroom flat and a plumber installed a positive head shower pump around 15yrs...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock