Discuss Rated people in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo21

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Been offered a one month free trial, and they're asking for my driving license number. I'm a bit suspicious of that.
Anyone registered with them? Had any bad or good experiences?

We have been on for a couple of years, having to buy leads is crappy, now not getting your cash back when the client tells you they have someone else is crappy. People expecting a WB and 8 rads installed for 2K is crappy... emm

I used them 5 or 6 years ago. It was ok then. I believe their prices have shot up tho. Read the small print on the free trial because there's bound to be a catch.

I joined to see what it was like. You have to pay top money for the chance to quote on jobs with (in general) unrealistically low budgets. No money back from them either if the lead turns out to be duff or the person has decided not to do the work/has chosen someone else already etc..

Can't believe tradesmen are falling for this !
We are supposed to be professionals for heavens sake.
Whatever are we doing dancing to the tune of a bunch of fly-boys with their fancy websites. They must be laughing so hard at us gullable clowns in boiler suits.
Is it any wonder every man & his dog thinks they can offer minimum wage to a RGI.

Can't believe tradesmen are falling for this !
We are supposed to be professionals for heavens sake.
Whatever are we doing dancing to the tune of a bunch of fly-boys with their fancy websites. They must be laughing so hard at us gullable clowns in boiler suits.
Is it any wonder every man & his dog thinks they can offer minimum wage to a RGI.

Its the state of the trade, some of us under value our selfs and others really under value themselves.

As I have said before, websites/schemes like these are for start up individuals or companies. If you are established, you must avoid like plague. The owners are sitting pretty. As for those going on the sites to look for tradesmen/women, 90+ % of them do so to get the cheapest quote. Sad but true

I have an old college friend desperate to breakout on his own, so far he has spent 3k on yell.com phone didn't ring £900 on checka trade phone hasn't rung all of this against my advise. He is a great plumber and brilliant installer but lacks patience and the ability to seek out his market and chase it always looking for a quick out, and the highest paying jobs.

these sites all rely on people like him, and unfortunately there are plenty out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rated people in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back