Search the forum,

Discuss Ray, sorry I have decided I no longer want to be a plumber will it ruin your stats? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lame plumber

Went to first job of the day to trace a leak in a concrete floor, advised them a new run would probably be best on the phone, so enquired as to the parking situation as lots of kit required to resolve problem. Got told no problem? So arrived on time to meet dust cart reversing up single lane road with double yellows all round, no spaces anywhere. Nearest car park no where near. So gave them a bell on the phone to break the news that I wouldnt be attending as I could park any where near, the abuse was enlightening to say the least but hey ho.

Next stop, parked outside and phone rang, informing me they had fixed the lpg issue themselves, oh is that you outside? Not to worry I said and off to another job earlier than expected.

Fair old drive around the back lanes to avoid the emmets n grockkles to get to a seaside chippie with leaking taps. Asked for the boss, not here grunted the orangutan, oh well I went lets see the the 2 leaky taps out back, so following the help off we went. The rear of the place was heaving, and i got shown some filthy tap in a hand wash, yeuck, the brocken bog double yeuck and finally the 2 taps in the chipping room. Only issue the stopcock was at the back behind the machinery, in front of which was dustbins full of water n chips. Any chance you can move this lot so I can get to the back I asked, got a negative grunt, so wondered back out, texted his boss that no help meant no repair. The abuse was even better than the first, but hey ho

So back to the old station to carry on reconfiguring all the builders had got wrong, at least the abuse there is friendly, especially as the dust from coring set off the fire alarms. I missed the detector in the cupboard I was in, hey ho..........:)

Some may say I am a lazy git, at least 2 did today but sorry, I am aiming to have a working spine in years to come, and that means no heavy lifting if it can be avoided, and carting tools is another killer. What do all the lads out there do?

Re: Ray, sorry I have decided I no longer want to be a plumber will it ruin your stat

Ray, sorry I have decided I no longer want to be a plumber will it ruin your stats?

Never had you down as a plumber in the first place Jon. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Ray, sorry I have decided I no longer want to be a plumber will it ruin your stat

Went to first job of the day to trace a leak in a concrete floor, advised them a new run would probably be best on the phone, so enquired as to the parking situation as lots of kit required to resolve problem. Got told no problem? So arrived on time to meet dust cart reversing up single lane road with double yellows all round, no spaces anywhere. Nearest car park no where near. So gave them a bell on the phone to break the news that I wouldnt be attending as I could park any where near, the abuse was enlightening to say the least but hey ho.

Next stop, parked outside and phone rang, informing me they had fixed the lpg issue themselves, oh is that you outside? Not to worry I said and off to another job earlier than expected.

Fair old drive around the back lanes to avoid the emmets n grockkles to get to a seaside chippie with leaking taps. Asked for the boss, not here grunted the orangutan, oh well I went lets see the the 2 leaky taps out back, so following the help off we went. The rear of the place was heaving, and i got shown some filthy tap in a hand wash, yeuck, the brocken bog double yeuck and finally the 2 taps in the chipping room. Only issue the stopcock was at the back behind the machinery, in front of which was dustbins full of water n chips. Any chance you can move this lot so I can get to the back I asked, got a negative grunt, so wondered back out, texted his boss that no help meant no repair. The abuse was even better than the first, but hey ho

So back to the old station to carry on reconfiguring all the builders had got wrong, at least the abuse there is friendly, especially as the dust from coring set off the fire alarms. I missed the detector in the cupboard I was in, hey ho..........:)

Some may say I am a lazy git, at least 2 did today but sorry, I am aiming to have a working spine in years to come, and that means no heavy lifting if it can be avoided, and carting tools is another killer. What do all the lads out there do?

Never had a problem with parking outside jobs and if I've got loads to unload ill just stop in the middle of the road

I have done that before no parking !

Not my problem lol

Customers - always get in the way of a good job....

Never had a problem with parking outside jobs and if I've got loads to unload ill just stop in the middle of the road

****es me off when anyone does it, so I dont, apart from that the dustcart coming down probably wouldnt have stopped,:) but like I said once unloaded no where near to park, closested was a 15 min walk!!! so cant cope with that getting to old and no apprentice to send for bits :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ray, sorry I have decided I no longer want to be a plumber will it ruin your stats? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Not sure if this is a success or a fail or just a rant but We do have heat and hot water now So all started the evening of Friday the 12th (Nov) I had noticed the water wasn't getting hot nor the heating. We had someone come have a look the next day thinking it was something simple like the...
Replies
Views
Hey guys I've "repaired" my mums loft water tank from leaking but I'm unsure if I've done it correctly so thought I'd join this great forum and ask some advice from some people much smarter than me. Basically my Mum was worried that her overflow from the loft kept running water so I went...
Replies
Views
L
So I quoted stuoid money to avoid this oil boiler swap and still got it................ Stripped out the boiler on Monday, had to get the new one myself as the merchant screwed up delivery time, I know Ray I should have used you but havent got an account and cant get online with you. So...
Replies
Views
lame plumber
L
L
Well it seems everytime I go to this bleedin bum end of the county, it goes wrong. first 48 miles to get there, and the sat nav delivers me to a track miles down a country lane and tells me "you have reached your destination", really, not a house in sight and all cows n sheep. So I continue on...
Replies
Views
A
I asked for a plumber to look at a faulty bathroom mixer tap and replace a toilet seat. The price was £109+VAT ph (London) which although high was the cheapest a quick search yielded. The guy puts the toilet seat on but says the tap can't be fixed and I need to get a new one and call them out...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock