Search the forum,

Discuss Re training at 31 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommy1712

Hi I am going back in to plumbing at the age of 31, fed up with being unhappy in work and want to go back doing what I enjoy.
hears the short version I startef a c&g level 2 from a money grabbing training out fit back in 2006 shortly after paying £5k I realised it was going to cost a lot more just to get l2, in the mean time I started doing odd plumbing jobs that quickly escalated in to doing bathroom re fits (after a tiling course) was earning good money so I just sacked off the course as they were gunna claw at least anoth £1000 out of me so being young tought sod ya. Then the recession hit = game over for me over night so had to get a job :-( boooo
I helped my bro in law do a full system a few months back and remembered how much I enjoy the job and over the months just lost all drive at work and just keep thinking wtf am I doing wasting my life unhappy. So I am going back to the pipes!

I have found a nice local training centre and I am starting my gas safe course in February, I have as good as got 3 engineers lined up to let me work with them to do my portfolio and working on 1 to take me on as a "self funding trainee". so all looking good for my gas safe

do u think it's worth re doing the c&g level 2 just so I got a nice ticket and sticker for the van? I will be going back self employed ultimately, don't mind punching out the odd bathroom refit I can still tile straight and flat lol

Unfortunately my part p is well out of date :-( 16th edition

since i I made the decision I feel a massive weight has been lifted and there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I got the cash for my gas safe training in the safe (bye bye r6) and the support of my wife, also a side line of my bouncy castle company to pay the rent till I am registered and starting up

Hi tommy and welcome to the forum. By the sounds of it you dont need gas as your a tiler , a bouncy castle man aswell as part p. What I will say is experience is the key b4 starting on your own . I would defo get as much experience under my belt b4 taking on gas jobs on my own. Also enjoying your job is half the battle so good luck.

Unfortunately my part p is toilet paper at its 16th edition and cause I didn't keep the subscription up with nic it's now useless :-(. I can tile to a good standard but I would rather stay away from it if I can. I would like to work for someone for a good few months on gas first to be honest and would like a actual plumbing qualification just for marketing perpouses as I am not that fussed about working for a firm long term.&nbsp;<br>I would much rather run round doing boiler servicing, repairs, replacements and power flushing.&nbsp;

You have to be NIC approved to have part P? Im not sure that's the case?

Part p is just the building regulation regarding domestic installation, 16th edtition is what I got (big roll) it's now 17th edition. Nic elc, nappit ect are just governing bodies that u register with.

nic not mandatory, but membership of one or other competent persons schemes is. or at least thats my understanding of it. nic is just one accreditation body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Re training at 31 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock