Search the forum,

Discuss Re: Where can I get a 6m length of yellow PVC soft copper coil ???? who closed thread in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oddball

just to clarify
I am not diy ing the job
I object to being ripped off by so called tradesmen who over charge for parts and cant do the job properly. i.e. they cant bend a pipe because they do not have the correct bender

1) the parts cost me approx £140 but as quoted well over this £200 plus
2) yes I do have trade accounts and purchased all items from a LPG parts supplier.
2) then need a 50m length of pipe for a 6m run
3) raw plug half in
4) pipe cllps not plumbed in and on the ****
5) the charged £100 labour for 2 hours work

I am a mechanical engineer so all the work is doable which is why I got a so called expert to do the labour part of the job. As the next thing OH I did not fit this blah blah

So you should all listen to your customers as e don't all swallow the price you pump out without checking

Regards

Oh right. My mistake. You're an engineer.

Job 38.11.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you accepted a quote and complain about the cost of parts post job completion and then look at finding fault with the work, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Looks at the positive side. 6 goes into 50 - 8 times. So you have 8 attempts at doing it right !

I worked out how to get 49 into 21 the other week. Nearly proved it too but Mrs Croppie rumbled my plans......

I worked out how to get 49 into 21 the other week. Nearly proved it too but Mrs Croppie rumbled my plans......

that would take your blood pressure way up, more 190/100 and that would be more fatal than the mrs catching you :)

Working out a theory and putting it into practice rarely have the same outcome...........in chemistry, you can easily lose your fingers, but in the pub?........i don't even want to think about that one. 49 John?i had you down for at least another 10 0n that.....:lol:

Working out a theory and putting it into practice rarely have the same outcome...........in chemistry, you can easily lose your fingers, but in the pub?........i don't even want to think about that one. 49 John?i had you down for at least another 10 0n that.....:lol:

I think he means 49 inches tall. I thought it was less.... :D

Please divulge as to what steps did Mrs Croppie used to rumble your plans?

I hope she didn't deck the barmaid, for doing her job - enticing you to buy more drinks!!!!

Last edited:
I hereby dub you Casanunda! :D

Probably only a few of us will get that.

Git.

I think he means 49 inches tall. I thought it was less.... :D

Ditto.

I wasn't even going there.........that would have made the victim 21 inches tall.

Victim? Who's to say she wouldn't have been willing?

Please divulge as to what steps did Mrs Croppie used to rumble your plans?

I hope she didn't deck the barmaid, for doing her job - enticing you to buy more drinks!!!!

Apparently I was deep in thought with a wistful smile. Both rarely happen.

Mrs Croppie hasn't met her yet.

"New bar wench started tonight darlin."

"Oh"

10 minutes silence later.

"She wouldn't be interested in you you geriatric old fart! I know what you're thinking!"

Last edited by a moderator:
If its not your sister or your daughter, its allowed. But once you're past 50 it becomes indecent. If you don't believe me ask your children.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Re: Where can I get a 6m length of yellow PVC soft copper coil ???? who closed thread in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock