Discuss Really getting sick to...... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

T & H Plumbing

Death of phone calls from advertising agency's people wanting my money to promote my business I'm getting 5+ calls a day anyone else have this problem? Ever since my number went global it's all I get little annoying people

Sorry to inform you...but that is just the beginning.

Only 5 calls a day - you're lucky.

It gets worse.

What you will have to watch out for is people who call and say they are ringing on 'behalf' of a company you have current dealings with.

Used to get calls from charity's wanting to advertise my business. Happened the same day I went on gas safe. Others include thepoliceman's ball and fire brigade monthly

While on the topic I will give you some well tested replies that I use.

Q - Can I speak to the owner of the business
R - Regarding...
Q - Business proposition.
R - No, he's at a funeral

Q - Do you have Life Insurance?
R - I'm sure I do, I married
Q - What do you mean?
R - I mean, I'm sure I'm worth a hell of a lot more dead than alive to my wife!

Q - regarding finances, retirement funds, business loans.
R - I'm on the pension

Q - Re Mortgages Re-financing
R - I'm renting

Q - Google advertising
R - Never heard of it.
Q - You have never heard of Google?
R - No, I use internet explorer

Plenty more where they came from

Last edited:
I have barred all unknown numbers from my phone, and if I see an 020 area code i just silence it. The sales calls are dying out now. Think they are getting the message.

Double glazing is my favourite, I don't spend too long chatting with them as I suppose they have to make a living but I e enjoy the banter, the playful laughter, young husky female voice. I tell them I'm dead keen to have a conservatory

address : no 78
Floor 6 Wandsworth towers
toy town

junk mail, rip it up, send it back to them in the pre paid envelop

I have barred all unknown numbers from my phone, and if I see an 020 area code i just silence it. The sales calls are dying out now. Think they are getting the message.

Barring unknown numbers could be custards :(

We cant even answer the home phone anymore ....the law needs to be changed cos this is getting b!oody ridiculous.

People that want you will leave a message if they don't no problem.....I don't answer out of area numbers......unless I'm bored....

We cant even answer the home phone anymore ....the law needs to be changed cos this is getting b!oody ridiculous.

Google telephone preferential service, it's a free service and will help reduce but not eliminate these calls mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Really getting sick to...... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have tried hard to get similar to the first class satchwqell /Sunvic SML type revolving type valves instead of the quite short lived spring...
Replies
Views
Hi, the water in my bathtub has been draining really slowly recently. I investigated it today and there was a large build up of gunk right under...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I am in the process of trying to open a new Plumbing Wholesalers in Wales / Western England. I have identified distributors and...
Replies
Views
Was working as a Plumbers Mate for about 6 months and got my Level 2 qualification. Enjoyed the job and wanted to make a career of it. Got into...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock